Holistic Pet NI Ltd is pleased to offer a veterinary chiropractic service provided by Dr Esther Skelly-Smith. Esther has a postgraduate qualification in Veterinary Chiropractic from Options for Animals UK and is an internationally accredited chiropractor registered with the International Veterinary Chiropractic Association.
Veterinary Chiropractic care is a manual therapy, which can be used for many health and performance problems. It focuses on the biomechanical dysfunction of the spine and its effect on the entire nervous system throughout the body.
Veterinary Chiropractic treatment does not replace traditional veterinary medicine; however, it can provide additional means of diagnosis and treatment options for spinal problems as well as biomechanical related musculoskeletal disorders. Veterinary Chiropractic can often eliminate the source of acute or chronic pain syndromes.
Veterinary chiropractic treatment can be used for:
- Chronic musculoskeletal problems
- Acute problems such as tension or stiffness
- Prophylactic treatment to maintain fitness
- Maintain soundness in older animals
- Enhance performance ability of sport animals
- As a complementary treatment for chronic lameness such as arthrosis, spondylosis or tendon problems like cruciate ligament in the dog.